5 Days of Paleo Dinners
My family doesn’t always eat grain free. My kids love sourdough bread and pancakes. I don’t usually buy anything with grains, but I do make sourdough for them. However, since finding that it helped me lose weight, I have been paleo/primal. This means I don’t eat grains, legumes or processed sugars. Sometimes I make the family separate food, but it’s easiest when I can cook for all of us. So, I wanted to show you how delicious 5 days of paleo dinners could be! I browsed pinterest (real food lovers best friend) for the yummiest looking recipes I could find, made my shopping list, went shopping (by myself because my sister watched the kids!!!! Like a VACATION! WHOO HOO!!!)
1. Paleo Moroccan Lamb Meatballs from Nearly Natural Momma. This one looks delicious! We love meatballs of all sorts and I bought an extra spaghetti squash to go with this. I imagine you could substitute another ground meat for the lamb if you wanted to.
2. Vegan Paleo Tomato Soup from Good Girl Gone Green. I chose this recipe for two reasons. One, my sister and I love tomato soup. Period. Delicious stuff. Second, I have a thing for vegan/paleo recipes, since I have several vegan friends and like to prove the point that when you are avoiding processed foods and eating real food, you actually have a lot in common!
3. Paleo Alfredo with Caramelized Leeks and Bacon from Meatified. My husband introduced me to leeks a few years ago and I am in love with them. Combined with bacon I can’t even imagine this being anything less than sublime.
4. Pizza Spaghetti Squash Casserole from Living Low Carb. My kids love pizza, so I think they are going to enjoy this. Pizza is really about the seasonings and this looks very promising!
5. Easy Egg McNothin from Jules Fuel. I know this looks like a breakfast food. But once you start eating real food, you get to break the rules and eat steak for breakfast and eggs for dinner. It’s pretty awesome like that. These Egg McNothins look so incredibly simple and tempting. I’m super excited to try them.
These are what I am using as main dishes. I usually wing my side dishes. Chop up veggies, stir fry greens with garlic or bake some sweet potatoes. I am a free spirit, so a lot of the time I don’t follow recipes at all, but these looked too yummy to pass up. Have you ever tried going paleo? If so, I would love to hear about it!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor and the statements on this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA. Any products or techniques mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. I am just a mom who shares what works for me!