My Love Affair with Peppermint.
It’s been going on for years. We knew each other as children, but it wasn’t until I was pregnant with my third child that Peppermint really stole my heart. I couldn’t get enough. Peppermint tea, peppermint ice cream, peppermint shampoo. I would literally sit out in my garden and just munch on it’s sweet, sweet leaves.
But it turns out my love affair with peppermint was destined to continue beyond garden rendezvous and late night cups of tea. I recently discovered Peppermint essential oils and now, peppermint has gone beyond delighting my taste buds and tempting me with it’s heavenly aromas. It has given me energy, stopped a pounding head and soothed my children’s upset tummies. This relationship was clearly meant to last!
Here are just a few of the things I now use peppermint essential oil for:
- A drop rubbed onto my temples.
- A few drops rubbed onto my tummy to support a healthy digestive system.
- A drop in a cup of milk with honey as a “pick me up” instead of coffee.
- Put a few drops in a spray bottle with some Purification Essential oil and water to make safe, non-toxic spray for the backyard!
- Rubbed on the soles of feet to support the immune system.
- Diffuse in the room while studying to improve concentration and alertness (great when my kids are doing schoolwork).
- Annoy the pests pests! Put a few drops on a cotton ball and leave at entry points of mice or roaches. They hate the stuff!
- Rub on muscles and joints before or after exercise.
- Put it itchy spots (as long as skin is unbroken).
- Rub on tired feet.
So, as you can see, my love for peppermint is not a passing fling, but deep, true and based on important qualities. You too can experience the pleasures and joys of peppermint! Just make sure that you only ingest or rub good quality, therapeutic grade essential oils on your body. Cheap oils have often been adulterated and are NOT safe to ingest or absorb into your skin. If you are interested in getting excellent essential oils wholesale, click here. Or if you just want to learn more about essential oils and how to use them in everyday life, come join the conversation in my essential oils Facebook group.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor and the statements on this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA. Any products or techniques mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. I am just a mom who shares what works for me!